Yes, you can reduce single-use (disposable) plastic – even now!
Check out the Lab’s Plastic Free July Website! Highlights include:
- Take the Challenge, for Plastic Free July and join a global movement to be part of the solution
- Download this Checklist of easy actions for reducing single-use plastics
- Participate in Events (see below, more to come)
- Visit the Waste Guide and know where to throw
- Learn to BYO* in a COVID World
- When in doubt – ASK if you can use your own items!
- Most stores allow you to return items to your cart at the cashier, then bag in your reusable bags once outside
- In Berkeley you can now bring your own mug / bag if you don’t place it on a surface; keep bags in your cart and bag your own items at the register. (But ask first, as some stores have more stringent practices).
- More Tips >
* BYO = Bring Your Own… coffee mug, water bottle, cutlery, shopping bag (not just for groceries – pharmacy, clothing stores, hardware, take-out, anywhere!)